Thread: Great News...
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Great News...

I coudn't post until today, because a coworker SLei15, frequents the boards, but I was promoted to Manager at work. I have been working hard to get this position and was being mentored by the person who hired me. I found out on Thursday, but formal offer from HR didn't come until today - Though it became common knowledge yesterday.

Unfortunately for Scott (SLei15), this means much more work for him - we both do fixed asset accounting and share the workload, but now he has it all (until they hire someone to help). I am moving out of accounting and moving to Office Development which covers all of our corporate offices (Vegas, Seattle, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale) and all of our sales offices - too many to mention.

Scott, I know you can handle the workload, your technical skills are amazing (and I have told our bosses that) and I know you will move up quickly in the organization. Just hang in there like I did, and the opportunity will arise. I will still be working closely with you and know that you can handle anything that comes your way.

This news has trumped my excitement about my next cruise...but since I leave on Thursday, it doesn't really matter....

Thanks to all who have supported me, especially you, PapaBill, many things you said over the past couple of years gave me the encouragement I needed to keep up the work.
Sponsored Links