View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt2
If you are looking for Vegas style shows and party type ship O is not for you.
If you like fine dining, great crew, port intensive cruise, few to no children , limited smoking areas, small ship experience ...then O is the cruiseline
Kitty is pretty well on in this assessment. The difference would be in the category of suite you have on Galaxy. If you have a Sky Suite on Deck 10 on Galaxy you will have a much smaller cabin. If you have a Sky Suite on Sky Deck you will have the same size cabin with a very large balcony. If you are talking about a Royal Suite, on Galaxy than there is no comparison. The Royal Suite is a far larger and IMO superior cabin than a Penthouse cabin on Oceania.

On both ships you will have butler service and can opt for dinner in your stateroom, if you so choose, the shore excursions will be a bit more expensive on Oceania but the open seating is a plus.

If you are looking for a more relaxed, intimate experience, then Oceania is your choice. If you are looking for a ship that is going to give you more activity and choices but with a more regimented cruise then Galaxy will be the choice.

If I was younger, first time cruisers and honeymooners I would go with the Sky Suite on Sky Deck, on Galaxy. Now I would go with the suite Oceania.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me