View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
First Mate

Default What a long, long wait this will be

Hello all!

Well, I've gone and done it - started planning another cruise. It has been FAR too long since last one - I looked at the calendar the other day and realized it was two years ago that day that I got off the ship. The horror!

So, I dutifully made my spreadsheet of every May 2007 sailing, created elaborate point rating systems based on ports, ships, size, embarkation date, etc., and came downt to two that were tied:

The first Miracle Sailing in May, or the first Victory sailing in May. Call me crazy, but the deciding factor for me was the fact that the Miracle has the "Ticket to Ride" show. Hey, I had to break the tie somehow!

Anyhow, so we weren't able to cruise in 2005 because we built a new house instead, and our 2006 cruise plans were out the window when my husband just HAD to have an Esprit, but now I can look ahead to 2007 and start to be excited.

So, I'm now 300+ days away. "Why not cruise earlier?", I can hear you say. Well, a few reasons. Last time we cruised, in early May 2004, the weather was perfect (not too hot...) and there were very few children on board. Also, tax check will be in hand by then, so there's a little less guilt associated with that

To pass the time, I have been reading some of my past posts and rolling in laughter at some of my pre-cruising questions. Among other panics, I was concerned with the gray luggage tags and sea lice. Ah, the days of being a novice cruiser. But since I'm now a seasoned veteran, I figure the best way for me to pass these next 11.5 months is to help everyone else out, make some amusing observations along the way (although I won't try to give a grammar lesson again, as that turned ugly!), and hopefully find that May 2007 will be here before we know it!

But here's the challenge: last time, I only had 2 months to plan in advance, and I still drove myself nuts. Now I have over 5 times that amount of time. So how will I maintain sanity? Time will tell. I can only re-read my laboriously long review of my past cruise so many times!

Until then, I'll live vicariously through all of my mates!

Is it too soon to start packing?

Jennifer

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Sponsored Links