View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
Boston is a walkable city....If you really want to see Boston and I even as a born and bred Bostonian was amazed... the Duck Tour should not be missed.. You can do it yourself, it's just getting into downtown Boston. What surprised me is a comment made by a fellow cruiser who thought that Boston was clean and there was no graffiti...never thought of that.. As for shopping try our "Rodeo Drive"...Newbury Street...lots of side walk restaurants..Le Familia is a nice one.. moderate..very arty and sophisticated street...(read that as $$)...lol Stand on a corner with a map and most likely you'll get help from a local.. and yes, Cheers is on Beacon Hill...and is a great tourist site..
Hi Parrot Mom,
Do you think it is necessary to go on-line and buy tickets for the 10:AM departure of the Duck Tour from the Prudential Center, or can one wait to get a ticket when they get there. Sail Date Oct. 5 our of Bayonne and Boston day is Sat. Oct 7th. I was concerned that it might be crowded on a Sat unless we purchased 4 adult tickets in advance.
What do you think?
======================================
Our plan to get to Prudential from Black Falcon Pier is The Subway:
Take SILVER LINE to SOUTH STATION and transfer to the RED LINE going in bound. Get off at Park St and transfer to the “E? Car of the GREEN LINE and get off at Prudential.
Any estimate on how long in time that would take?
Do you need exact change on the Subway?