View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Admiral

CWolsen,

I think it is a stretch to point out that the cruise line is my host when I have bought and paid for her.

It's no different than being a "guest" at a hotel or restaurant. Payment for services has nothing to do with the host-guest relationship, other than the golden rule. As the one with the gold, you get to choose to spend it at the establishment with the rules that you prefer.

The mass market line is all that we are familiar with.

There are considerable differences among the "mass market" lines. By way of example, Celebrity is far dressier, and far more elegant, than Carnival.

I know you want the lines to start enforcing the "suggested " attire, but they will not.

Actually, the better lines do. What you fail to comprehend is that "suggested" does not mean that you have a choice. Rather, coming from a person in authority (the master of the vessel), it means that compliance is expected.

Rev, we would never get along. Put us both at the same table either dressed to the nines or in rags I am sure I would be asking to move at the end of the first dinner.

Perhaps the issue would not arise if we were on an "all casual" line, like Oceana.

Your profile says Massachusetts.. so does mine. Let me guess North Shore ? That would explain our differences.

*lol* What biggoted stereotype prompted a guess like that???

You are completely off base. I live on the South Shore and work in the MetroWest area.

Norm.