View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

I hope you recover your items! I just returned on the Legend yesterday (June 13th) and after all the luggage had been delivered at the end of the evening, it was discovered that one family was missing ALL THEIR LUGGAGE!!! Nothing left at the pier in NYC....Carnival radioed back to Port Auth. to check on it.......The purser sent a flyer to each cabin identifying the bags (color, size, amount of pieces, etc). As far as I know they never recovered the bags and it was never made known publically how they made it through the entire cruise - clothing wise! I will say this, I didn't notice any "nudes" strolling around the ship! (). I am sure Carnival arranged some provisional items for them....at least I hope so!
Some of us were convinced that it was surely not any of the Carnival staff or crew but rather a really nasty prank pulled off by another guest/guests! This cruise had a number of very large group passengers (one family had over 55 people spread out on 5 levels!) Many of these groups were older teens or early 20's crowds. Its still a mystery.

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days