View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Passenger

Default Seeking Opinions on Hawaii Excursions

Hi All,

I will be cruising on the PoA late this summer, and am starting to look at the shore excursions offered through NCL. Has anyone been on an organized NCL excursion that ended up being the *highlight* of your vacation? Or one that you felt didn't quite live up to the hype?

I'm thinking about the following:

Kauai Day 1 - Book a helicopter or Na Pali cruise (would probably book these on my own instead of through NCL)
Kauai Day 2 - Hollywood Movie Tour
Hilo - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Hiking (I'm looking at this one instead of the "lava viewing" tour, as it looked like that tour just drove right through the park instead of stopping)
Kona - Captain Zodiac Snorkeling
Maui Day 1 - Kaanapali on your own (will combine with Lahaina if I can)
Maui Day 2 - Haleakala & Maui Ocean Center

On Maui, I've heard fantastic reviews of the show at Warren & Annabelle's, but it looks REALLY pricey for an evening out. Also, I'd had my heart set on Haleakala at sunrise, until I saw a photo in the "Maui Revealed" book. Everyone looked miserably cold, except for one gentleman in a ski coat!! I'd love to see this, but don't want to take up half my suitcase with a ski coat. Any thoughts on whether these tours would be worthwhile?

Thanks!