View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Hi not2bzzy2cruz,

You can order wine for your stateroom from the list here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftca...o?catCode=WINE

Since I don't drink wine, I don't know how the prices compare to "at home" prices. This seems like the easiest option to me.

Also, this is from their website:

Quote:
Can I bring my own liquor onboard?
We apologize for any inconvenience but due to our regulatory and licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On Board or at ports of call will be stored by us and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your voyage. A member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your purchases.

This policy may not apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs, or license requirements. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines imposed or items confiscated by local authorities.
I find this interesting, as other lines do allow you to bring wine or champagne onboard. Anyone know why RCI doesn't?

If you want to try to bring your own, pack your bottle in bubble wrap and a zipper bag and put it in your checked luggage. Be sure it's well wrapped! You don't want "winey" clothes !

Hi Fieldmouse,

What kind of wine have you found without sulfites? The reason I don't drink wine is because even one glass gives me a terrible headache ! I'd like to try whatever you've found!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014