View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYMNASTQUEENVAL
I do have to say when we cruised the Crown Princess July2-11,2006, this ship was sailing for 18 days at this point. Why wasn't the air conditioning functioning properly? Why was a tripple balcony cabin sold with no 3rd berth? Why didn't the fridge work the entire 9 days. All of these issues were reported to the Pusor's desk and we spoke to a Supervisor and nothing was resolved! I have cruise also on the Carnival Legend Ship and woulds NEVER cruise a Carnival ship again. I am an experienced cruiser, 18+ cruises and leaving on Aug6-20th on the Adventures of the Seas and Sept 23-Oct7th 2006 on the Radiance of the Seas. Yes you can encounter problems with Any Cruiseline, but I feel the poor tasting food, low class shows and lack of properly functioning amenities are unacceptable for any cruiseline. I did encounter all of those issue on the Crown and would not even consider Cruising that line again. I have spoke to other people I met and became friends with on that cruise and the feelings were mutual about that cruise. I have to say out of all the cruiselines that I sailed with ( Celeberty, Royal Carribean, Holland America, Carnival, Princess and Cunard) I have only had negative responses to Princess and Carnival! Let's all say a prayer for the passengers and the injured on the Crown mishap that they return home safely and fully recover. I have made my choice to stay with Royal Carribean Cruiseline.

I have to say that one less than pleasing experience on a cruiseline's ship should not damn the entire cruiseline. It is possible to have an unsatisfactory cruise on one ship, but have wonderful cruises on other ships in the same fleet.
Princess has a lot to offer, IMHO, in terms of beautiful, classy ships, diverse itineraries, great food, enjoyable entertainment, good shore excursions, and pleasant fellow passengers. Have not yet sailed on Carnival, but family members and friends have, and have nothing but praise for Carnival.
However, to each his/her own. For us, Princess is the way to go.
1/06 Island Princess - Hawaii
2/07 Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean
11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera
3/08 Diamond Princess - Hawaii
11/9/08 Tahitan Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia

Booked cruises:
9/13/09 Star Princess - Alaska
3/14/10 Golden Princess - Hawaii