View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Admiral

[quote="nmnita"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
Have now been on 7 cruises and have never really had a problem with boarding. It's all efficiently carried out by the particular cruise line you are with. However with NCL the debarkation was the worst I have ever encountered and was the cause of a letter of complaint upon my return. You have to be out of your cabin and off the ship before 9am regardless of the time of your flight. The earlier the flight the earlier you have to be off the ship. For instance if your flight is at midday you may have to be off the ship at 6am. My flight was at 2.30pm and we had to be off the ship by 7.45am which left us waiting and blocking up Barcelona airport for hours on end. As far as I know only NCL use this stupid early departure system. None of the other cruise line operators I have used shift you off the ship more than 2-3 hours before your flight.
I don't know why you had this problem; I have never heard of anything like this; Of all the things that may be wrong with NCL debarkation is by far the very best there is. If you choose the express debarkation that was your choice to make. NCL allows everyone to leave their carry on luggage in their cabin while they eat breakfast (the only line to do this I beleive) after breakfast you can stay in your cabin until your colored tags are called. I am pretty sure your letter might the first ever written about this. Well, that, of course in said tongue in cheek, as there will always be those who like to complain. If what you are saying is completely accurate, there was a reason for it, I am sure. This is far from NCLs policy. Most other lines regardless of when you disembark you have to be out of your cabins by 8am. Then you sit in some lounge or wherever waiting to get off the ship. Again if this was your experience something is missing here. Maybe someone else can clear up the mystery.