View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2004, 06:15 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Time Share "Gifts"....

Once we listened to the sales talk, we got a certificate. We had to register that certificate by mailing it in within 21 days from the date we received it. About 3-4 weeks after we sent in that certificate, we received a letter confirming they received our certificate. This is the basics from that letter:

" We have received and registered your certificate.
At this time you must select two dates. The first date must be at least 60 days fro the date of this letter and the next date needs to be at least 21 days later. These dates must be in chronological order......
You have indicated your departure port choice as Los Angeles. As per the terms and conditions of your certificate the traveler is responsible for all taxes and port fees. The approximate port charges are $123.08, totaling $246.16.... These taxes must be received, with your valid dates within 21 from the date of this letter or your certificate will be void.
Once we receive the applicable taxes and two valid dates you will be notified 45 days prior to the date of sailing. "

I sent that back in with 2 travel dates (there were quite a few blackout dates, but I managed to come up with 2 travel date).

2 weeks later, we received another letter:

" We have received your deposit check and requested dates. Your requested dates are ....... One of our representatives will contact you, usually about 45 to 60 days prior to your dates. ......
In the unlikely event you have not been contacted by a (agency's name) agent and your requested travel date is less than 45 days away, please assume that your first travel date is sold out, or otherwise not available. If your second requested date is less than 45 days away, please call Customer Service at (agency's phone number) to provide us with new dates. "

That was last year.....my first travel choice was in Mar 2004, 2nd choice April 2004. They never contacted me so I never ended up going on my "free" cruise and I'm out $246.

I have contacted them a couple of times and still no response. These posts have just lit the fire under me, so I will be trying to contact them to see if I can get another choice of travel or get a refund (taxes and port charges paid on something I didn't use).

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess