View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

... I find that most ships are actually very lenient with the dress code on casual and imformal/semiformal nights... because the family that my family travels with waltzes into the dining room wearing bluejeans or shorts on those night with t-shirts and nothing has been said about it to them... and the boys (2 of em) have been on 16 cruises while the parents own up to 25... i however tend to overdress so our table is always a bit muddled together... we have the extremes... underdressed to overdressed and the middles... Formal night however is your... CHANCE... to get out there and say woo hoo I look GOOD... and even if you don't want to get dressed up... theres always the windjammer... or the ocean view... or that buffet thing up on deck whatever to eat at on formal nights...

and who would want to even begin to pack their prom dress... those things weight 20 pounds at least... err.... well i have seen some that weight less than a pound... but those aren't even appropriate at prom... much less a formal dining room experience...
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06