View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:02 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon, Norm,

My opinions: 1/ the class still remains gaz turbine generator-equipped, with the diesel being an auxilliary. 2/ Thus, I would think it will retain its GTS name & 3/ RIGHT ON !!!!.

However, on the subject of #3, there was a beautiful, and revealing pix of GTS Constellation sailing away from Bergen, or Olden....and a close-up frontal view gave me the very solid impression her lounge area on deck #11 was NOT obstructed , leading me to beleive X somehow found the time and the method to clean the CDS remnants off that area, in the recent past. Surprising, since GTS Summit is still afflicted with that horrible stuff ( I see her every other saturday...painful to look at...)...and she WAS drydocked in May for over 100 hours ( emergency pod repairs) which would have given them ample time to cleanup Revelation lounge....I am referring to a very indepth explanation you had given us a while back as to why such ''clean up'' has to await a drydock...Go figure !!!

ALSO, isn't GTS Millenium due for drydock in '06 for the same auxilliary diesel generator installation ??? X seems to be moving fast on this.
Just as well.
RCI wants to do the same thing with their Radiance class ships.

I just hope GTS Constellation gets a thorough and proper down time drydock out of this diesel thing....she needs it and so does GST Summit, since GST Millenium ( Nov'05) and GST Infinity ( Mar'06) got theirs already.

Cheers
Claude G

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G