View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
Admiral

stormer,

Can someone please explain to me the anytime dining??? can you still make a reservation for this. I heard that you can......thanks!!

Yes. Princess's "Anytime Dining" option is available on ships with two or more main dining rooms. The main dining rooms that operate "Anytime Dining" operate just like a restaurant ashore. You can make a reservation if you wish or you can just walk in any time between 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM. If you walk in and the staff cannot seat you immediately, they give you a pager similar to those used at restaurants like Olive Garden and Outback Steakhouse, then page you when your table is ready. The pagers work in the lounges in the atrium, so you can relax with a beverage while awaiting a table.

Personally, I prefer "Traditional Dining" for several reasons.

>> 1. The first and second seatings of "Traditional Dining" are timed to coincide with the shows and other evening entertainment. Thus, the majority of the passengers end up eating within a few minuts of these times anyway.

>> 2. In "Traditional Dining," your waitstaff get to know your preferences on the first couple nights of the cruise and anticipate requests thereafter. This is not possible with "Anytime Dining" because you probably will have different waitstaff each evening.

>> 3. In "Traditional dining," you have the same tablemates for the duration of the cruise so you do get to know one another. The friendships formed at dinner often last well beyond the cruise. With "Anytime Dining," you probably will have different tablemates each evening.

But YMMV....

Have a great cruise!

Norm.