View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Beginner

Just got back from a cruise on the Sapphire Princess from Vancouver, BC to Whitter, Alaska. Anytime dining was terrific. We were a group of six family members. We ate in a different restaurant each night, at times ranging from 6:30 to 9:30. We made reservations in the 2 specialty restaurants but not in the others. We never had a wait. I suspect that it might be because the 24-hour buffet was so good. Service and food quality were excellent across all restaurants.

I strongly prefer anytime dining to traditional dining. I don't have a strict eating schedule at home so I don't want one on vacation. I liked eating in a different setting every night and experiencing a different wait staff. Why would ZI care if the wait staff knows my personal preferences from the prior night? I have a voice and the staff was eager to fulfill whatever request I had.

One night I got off an elevator just as a traditional seating was about to begin. I saw a huge group of people milling around. Then the doors opened and the "cattle" were moved inside. Not for me, but I met many people who swear by traditional dining.