View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Fern, just wondering what you mean by "..just not our style" ? What lines do you cruise? What style are you?

Rev22:17--I disagree with your assertion that Celebrity commands significantly higher fares. It may be higher up on the mass market scale, but is not what I would call a "premium" line. I think of those as Silver Sea, Raddison and the other smaller much pricier lines.
We changed our plans to sail Brilliance to the Panama Canal in favor of Galaxy and saved over $700. Mercury's 11-night Mexican Riviera cruises are less per day than RCI's 7-day. I haven't compared Celebrity to any other line because RCI and Celebrity are the only ones we cruise.
We just sailed Jewel in June and it was every bit as upscale as our Celebrity cruises. The food was the best we've had and we've never had complaints about the food on any cruise.
We are retired and not "wealthy" by any means and we don't spend any more on Celebrity than we do on RCI. To me they are pretty much interchangeable. (However, I know there are Celebrity-only snobs that are cringing at this observation.)
The passenger demographics seem the same on both lines. We feel so comfortable with both lines that we don't want to take a chance on others.
I was thrilled to see that Celebrity is starting Aus/NZ itineraries next year and we won't have to change lines when the time comes.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.
1/03 Explorer W. Carib.
8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour
2/04 Adventure S. Carib.
2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal
6/06 Jewel Brit. isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London
1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera