View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think any itinerary would be boring if you haven't been there yet. We would be bored going to the same places over and over and we've met people on cruises that do just that.
We are cruising Mercury to the Mex. Riv. 1/29 and I am really excited about it, especially since my husband is the one who insisted on it. He's the one whose arm I had to twist to go to Alaska and N. Europe, not because he didn't want to go, but because of the extra $$ .
While on Jewel in June he heard total strangers raving about Mexico and Aus/NZ and now he says we have to do those cruises. I wasted no time booking the January cruise less than a month after we got back.
One of the attractions of the Mexican Riv. is its relatively cheaper cost compared to Alaska and Europe. Of course, Aus/NZ is another story, but hey, people on Jewel said it was a "must do", so who am I to argue?
We were going to do the Med next summer but our friends who were going to go with us have had to postpone and we are waiting till they are ready. We didn't want to go into cruise withdrawal, so booked the Mex. Riv. to tide us over.
Now I am thinking if DH is so gung ho on Mex. and Aus/NZ, maybe he won't quibble over doing S. America. We are in our 60's and I just keep thinking, "So many cruises, so little time", lol.
I checked out the list of excursions offered for our cruise and have pretty much decided on what we will book. We may be included on a private tour in Acapulco. A man who lives near us started a roll call thread on CC and he said he had room for 2 more, but I haven't heard confirmation on that.
Check out the available excursions for your own proposed cruise and show DW that she won't be bored. Plus, depending on the ship, there should be plenty of fun activities to keep you both busy. As you can see from the list below we stick to RCI and Celebrity. We are NEVER bored.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.
1/03 Explorer W. Carib.
8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour
2/04 Adventure S. Carib.
2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal
6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London
1/29 Mercury Mexican Riviera
Cruises we will eventually do:
Mercury to Aus/NZ; Galaxy to Med + land tour to Italy