View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean
Dave the Wave,

You've had a h*ll of a lot of responses to this particular thread. Obviously a popular topic of discussion!

But I have to ask -- what's the fascination with Speedos anyway?

I suppose there is perhaps a morbid fascination with these things, but come on!

What's been interesting to me is the ladies' responses. They are at once horrified by the sight of a Speedo, and yet drawn to it somehow. The same ladies who are repulsed by the sight of a nude man, and yet go berzerk at the Chippendale's (or similar) show where the men strip completely naked.

My response to a Speedo has always been "dude, if you're not an Olympic swimmer then put some freaking shorts on. Nobody wants to see your......" I suspect most men think the same way.

I suppose men and women view the world differently -- or at least Speedos!

But perhaps in the final analysis, there is no answer to this question. And maybe it's better that way. Perhaps the Speedo should remain an enigma.

Whatever the case, this has been a great topic -- thank you for posting it!

Dean

What... the fellows get to ogle at the girls wearing bikinis... but one mention of a lady checking out Mr. Hunk in said speedo... and the men get slightly irked...
of course... no one wants to see... i dont know.. some one like dick cheney running around in a speedo... somethings are just tooo racy for even the experienced audiences...

We're such a small town that everyone knows everything about everybody... speedos are nothing... some guys would walk around outside in their tightywhities if it was legal
I do remember being in NYC one weekend... 1st weekend in july right before my Horizon Cruise to Bermuda... and it was the rainbow spectacular parade about 3 miles long... I saw enough fruity fellows in speedos there... to last me a life time... sorry.. no pictures...
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06