View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Admiral

We stayed at the Radisson last month when we cruised on the Glory. The parking lot for cruise ship passengers is not adjacent to the hotel, it is down a little street and behind a building, you had to walk thru the lot to another parking lot that was adjacent to the hotel. We did not have a problem with our car but be aware that the parking lot is not a secured area, anyone can drive or walk into the parking lot. I asked if the lot was patrolled by hotel security personnel and was told, "yes" but rather doubt this. We had Bell Services bring all our luggage up to our room upon check-in because I did not want to leave it in the car because I wanted to open up the suitcases to save the clothes from being overly wrinkled. The breakfast included in the room rate is a hot breakfast buffet, very good. On departure day, I drove my car to the designated parking lot and walked back to the hotel and had Bell Services help me bring my luggage to the front of the hotel where the shuttle picks you up. I strongly encourage you to make a shuttle reservation because there are lots of people waiting to board the bus and they call names, it's not just helter-skelter with people pushing and shoving to board the shuttles. We had booked an 11:30 a.m. shuttle but when we arrived at the front of the hotel, there was a bus parked and they had room for two more people, so we hopped on. When you return from the cruise, the shuttle's first pick-up at the pier is 8:00 a.m. (we had early debarkation so we made the first shuttle) and it travels back and forth. Now, this is where it might get to be an "I was here first" situation because you can't reserve the shuttle going back. Carnival's parking lot at the pier is directly across the street from the ships. You would be able to drive in, drop people and your luggage off then return to the parking garage. It's much more civilized than cruising out of Miami. There is a brand new Residence Inn next door to the Radisson that looks nice but I don't know if they offer shuttle service. If you decided to just park at the pier, the Residence Inn looks like a good choice (don't know what the difference in pricing would be). Would I stay at the Radisson again, I don't think so, too much trouble with the luggage situation, parking, etc. I live an hour away from the Port and thought it would be very relaxing to arrive a day early and have a nice dinner, etc. There are lots of hotels in the area within an easy drive of the Port even if parking is not included. If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I'll send you my email address.