View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:28 PM
Admiral

cjinutah,

Hello all, my 15th anniversary is coming up next February. I want to spend it in Hawaii. Please help me to decide between a cruise and a resort vacation. This will be my first visit to Hawaii (my 4th cruise vacation). I had initially decided to book the 7 day cruise on the Pride of America. After ready reviews of the ship and various experiences both positive and negative I am now wondering if it might be a better idea to just book a resort vacation on Maui (Hyatt Regency or Sheraton Maui Resort). I welcome any and all advise or reviews of the ship or Maui resorts. I don't want to spend so much money only to be disappointed.
Thanks so much for your help

Welcome aboard!

For an anniversary, I would go for the cruise to Hawai'i, round trip from Los Angeles or San Diego, on one of the better lines like Princess or Celebrity. These cruises are typically fourteen or fifteen days, and you probably will find that the days at sea are the most romantic of all. More importantly, you're not dealing with embarkation and disembarkation while you are in the islands so you'll see just as much of the islands as on the Pride of Aloha itnierary.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.