View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Passenger

Lisa,

Here are some "tips" I have for you. I've been on one cruise (Dec.05) - which was an awesome experience so much so I'm going on my 2nd in Jan. My wife and I did the resort thing last year (Jan./06) for the 1st time as well, and in our opinion there is absolutely no comparison, cuising is the way to go.

As for your question on tipping on the cruise.

I would tip our pool waiter an extra $5 - $10 every other day, trust me our waiter was great an IMO deserved the extra tip, in tipping him extra we more than won out in the end, many drinks were forgotten to be charged.

Don't feel obliged to tip extra, it is the cruises' staff choice to accept a job on a cruise ship, they new their waqes prior to departure, but if a person continuously goes the xtra mile, cheerfully greets you by your name each and every time, then why not give them a little xtra.

Here's my biggest advice...DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THESE BOARDS.

I remember people complaining about the food on the ship, I was thinking to myself what have I done going on this cruise, it turns out the food was awesome. Some people's idea on dinning out is going to a local hamburger joint, or always eat fried and battered foods, their palates are limited, don't let these boards put any doubt in your mind go with a positive attitude do what you think is right and enjoy yourself.

Good luck.
Mike