Thread: Never Tipping
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Never Tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkycruiser
Hi, Im new here, great to be a part of this forum.

Am i the only person that never tips on cruises? I thought after a recent trip I was considered the odd one out on our voyage, I chose not to tip, as I consider it insulting, to the employee in question. Like taking scraps from a table.

Anyone else feel the same?

Would love to get to know you guys here better!
Hunkycruiser,

Did you pay them instead? Tipping or not tipping is your decision. But, very few cruise lines have a no tipping allowed policy. Most cruise lines even add the tip directly to your onboard account. Most also suggest the amount to tip. Have you ever wonder why they do that? In a fine dining establishment in my area they add as much as 18% to the bill as a tip you have a party larger than 8 people. Ever wonder why? Unless you tip the person, who helpeed make you vacation so nice, got paid less than minimum wage.

Your tip to the staff is what kept your cruise fare as low as it was. If the line hadn't expected you to tip and they had to pay the staff for all the service they provided you your cruise would of been more probably at least $70.00 per person for a seven day cruise.

AGAIN YOU DO AS YOU WISH BUT I AT LEASTED WANTED TO BRING IT TO YOUR ATTENTION A TIP IS ALMOST EXPECTED.

Wix filter once advertised "Pay me now or Pay me later". I beleive if many cruiser follow your example of not tipping the crusielines will have to pay the staff and pass it on to the passengers in ther form of a higher fare. One way or another the staff will get paid.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Don