View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Familiar Face

Hi,

I'm Karen and dh is Dave. We've been married 16 years, the 2nd for both of us. I have 2 sons and 1 daughter, 8 grandkids. They all are the love of my life. We live on the north shore of Lake Superior, just north of Duluth, MN. I have lived here most of my life. I use to work at a savings & loan until we were downsized. I was off work for about a year and then went to work at a well drilling company. After 10 years there I decided it was time to quit and do the things in life that I didn't have time for while working. My dh works at a manufacturing plant. I also take care of my 94 year old mother who still lives on her own. Right now my life is pretty much centered on her. She also is the love of my life. It's nice that I can do for her rather than her doing for me.

Dave & I discovered cruising in 1999. I had always wanted to take a cruise but I was so paranoid of flying I just couldn't make myself. I then decided I would book our first cruise and pay the consequences. For 3 months I hardly slept for the fear of flying. I asked myself, "why did I do this?" Lo and behold after our cruise I knew I had to take the risk again and again. Now I am hooked on cruising and flying. I finally overcame my worst fear.

I hope that some day I will be able to meet some of the cruisemates here.

Karen