View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Peter,

Hey Norm, why don't you come to London, I'll take you to some fine restaurants and you can poke fun at all the "morons" wearing jeans and trainers. You might even get lucky enough to be thrown out after insulting most of the patrons of the restaurants

I have been to London. In fact, it's one of my favorite cities!

And, FWIW, I would not say anything to patrons wearing jeans in a restaurant. Nonetheless, any restaurant that admits patrons wearing jeans is not within the scope of the "nice" restaurants to which we were referring.

Perhaps you should visit Bermuda and tell all the Bermudians that they are dressed inappropriately in their shorts at their restaurants.

There's a very big difference between the very proper Bermudan business suit with shorts, worn with knee stockings, and the normal shorts that one might wear during the daytime on cruises to warm climates.

BTW, most cruise lines have no problem admitting the Bermudan dinner jacket outfit, which includes formal shorts with the same silk side stripes as normal formal trousers, on formal evenings. This is, of course, a legitimate "black tie" formal outfit, as is the Scot's dinner jacket worn with his kilt.

Norm.

Norm.