View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to patt0122

Hi Michael,
I am getting ready to leave on that cruise this Sunday. I have done a lot of reseach on the different ports. I have already been to Grand Caymen, and there is all sorts of places here. I am doing the same excursion there....swimming with the stingrays!!! It is wonderful.

I already have scooters rented on Roatan Island.....In my research several places had mentioned Capt. Van's rentals. I have dealt with them via the internet, and they really seem very repitable. They are picking us up at the dock, and once our scooters are rented, they are giving us a "treasure map" that hits over 50 miles on the island. I had wanted to go to 2 different places, and thought this will give me the opportunity to see what ever I want. Not expensive either......$39 for a 2 Yamaha, 2 seater, for 24 hrs....(we are in port for 8) I figure this will also give us the opportunity to go to any local areas we want. I am really looking forward to this. We have chosen not to do an excursion while in Belize, as it is their Independence Day while we are there.......I have read there will be parades and much celebrating going on.....I am really excited about this. Then we are doing the "Jungle Beach Break" in Costa Maya......just going to "Uvero Beach" Per Carnival..."Enjoy a tropical beach break at Uvero Beach, one of Costa Maya’s newest and most popular beaches. Ticket price includes entrance to the beach, open bar, use of hammocks, non–motorized water sports (based on availability) and round trip transportation. Fresh water showers, rest rooms and changing rooms are available. Guests can return at their leisure with buses running every 45 minutes" We really liked the idea of the open bar here. Also, if you have been on that many cruises you may feel the same way I do about Mexico......Mexico is Mexico.....nice, relaxing, lots of alcohol and partying, same stuff in any of the shopping areas........This is our last stop, so we are just here to really party!!!!

I am very excited about the response from the response from the person who said the Valor is such a nice ship. This will be my 5 cruise on Carnival. I am looking forward to the newer ship. Newest one I have been on was the Destiny, and we had all sorts of problems there. I am glad to hear this is such a nice ship.

I will be happy to let you know what I find when I get back. Please feel free to e-mail me personnaly at [email protected] ( not sure if that will show up so it is patt0122 at gmail. com (just all strung together)

Hope I find all the special places.
Pat in KC