View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Now for some, climbing the falls was fun and games, but for some of us, it was serious business. The guide for your chain, tells the first person, and they are suppose to turn around and tell the next person which rocks had been cleaned. Our chain didn't talk well, so I put my youngest ahead of me, and I let him test the rocks. The rocks get slimy from the water running over them, so in the mornings, these guides get out there and scrub these rocks. (How would you like to put that on your resume.) Of course that is the trick. They don't do them all, so they have to remember which ones have been done.

What I forgot to mention was that I met this nice young man on the bus, who was traveling alone. We got to talking and he told me that he was hired by Carnival to go on different excursions, to video tape the event, and then they are sold on the ship, later. By the time we got to the falls, I knew all about him(Yea, it's southern for me to ask) and he had taken a liking to me. He could not do the falls, because he had a broken foot. Guess how he broke it? He took his water shoes off, to get better shots, and fell and broke it. See, I told you!!! The reason he took them off, is in some places the water is so fast that it will cause you to loose your footing, which is why they say not to wear tennis shoes, because the water can't run out as fast. he thought he could get a more steady shots if he could grip the rocks with his feet. For those of you who have cruised before, you know when they do the video on the ship, you always look to see if your in it. Well, guess what being nice to young men will get you. The video was of me. All of it. Oh, he would take pictures of others, but there he would go back at me. We bought it, but I have never seen it again. The trouble with the tape was they showed it the entire cruise on the stateroom TV's I was a hag looking star. Most of the time you could see hubby behind me pushing on my butt, like I was some sort of donkey. It was not my finest hour.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link