View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Admiral

juliemccoy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We are on the east coast and facing a 10 hour flight from ATL to HNL. Longest I've flown is 4-5 hrs.

ANYONE whose made the trip to HNL or elsewhere, how do you make it through????

Day dreaming about my cruise may get me through some of it but the cramped space and close proximity to other restless ppl is intimidating.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT?????
Well, the first step to an enjoyable flight is to get out of the "cattle cabin" and into either first class or business class, depending upon the airline and the cost. The seats in coach are simply too cramped for normal adults, especially on a flight of that duration. The "first class" and "business class" cabne also offer much better cuisine and complementary beverages.

When in the air, be sure to get up and stretch from time to time. While the seat belt sign is off, you can walk up and down the aisles or even walk a few laps around the center section of seats.

Of course, the best way to deal with long flights is to avoid them completely. That's why I'm going to Hawai'i aboard GTS Infinity, round trip from Los Angeles, next week, rather than flying there....

Norm.