View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:38 PM
First Mate

Thanks RC. I would definitely sail on the Mariner again. I have also sailed from many ports - this was my 26th cruise overall. I have rarely experienced this extended wait to drop off luggage, although I had a similar experience in Ft. Lauderdale sailing on the Legend 2 years ago- not dropping off luggage, but waiting for 90 minutes to check in. The captain did apologize once we began sailing. I have heard from co-workers that this delay has been going on for the past couple months. It was only a "blip" in the trip. In terms of Coco Cay, I like the idea of the scattered bars throughout the island, but most of them had very limited "beverage" choices. In addition, I found they were selling a frozen drink at 2 of the bars and the concoction was spooned out from an igloo cooler - tacky. Although some of the bars did have frozen drink machines. I also found the ocean, for the most part, with many jelly fish and seaweed - I know they can't help this...I keep comparing this to the out island which Premier used to have on their itinerary - it was called Salt Cay - a lot of people probably don't remember this island. It was absolutely beautiful, with great sandy beaches and a very pristine feel to it. I just didn't find this with Coco Cay. My family pretty much felt the same. Don't get me wrong, I will sail RCI for certain in the future. Overall, I had a great time! Perhaps you're right, a different itinerary might work!