View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best time to arrive at port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej88rit
Our family will be cruising on the Navigator on Nov 25th out of Miami. We will be doing the Western Carr. route.

Anyway the RCI indicates the boarding takes place at 2pm? I have cruised other lines before and typically we are on the ship prior to noon or soon afterwards. I assume RCI advertises 2pm but is available much sooner (or at least I hope so). What have others experienced in the past with the Navigator or other RCI ship out of Miami. If we arrive at 11am will we simply be waiting for a few hours or will we most likely get on the ship close to noon? Keep in mind that those coming off the ship will be the Thanksgiving week cruise - I assume a full load, but they are schedule to arrive port by 7am.

Lastly, my wife only drinks Caffine-free Diet Coke. I assume RCI allows for us to bring a 12 pak in our suit case. I assume they allow take on soda, just not alcohol.

Appreciate your anyone able to reply. Thanks Steve
You shouldn't have any problem if you arrive between 11am and noon. It has been my experience that RCCL will check you in and allow you to use the public areas of the ship, but your cabin may or may not be ready that early.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13