View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2006, 01:54 PM
First Mate

Default Review of Dawn -- Florida and Bahamas-- 10/22 to 10/29.

EMBARKATION: Got there about 11am and was on the ship by 12:15. Very smooth. We were upgraded to a balcony handicap cabin (9208) which is very spacious – loved it. My friends were in a min-suite, which they paid more for but our cabin was bigger. ? Good times!

PORTS:

~Port Canavrel: we went to Universal Studios. Didn’t care for the park at all. I love their other park, Islands of Adventure, but this one left a little to be desired. I liked the atmosphere of the park but their rides and attractions were disappointing.

~Freeport: first time here. We went to Port Lucaya to go shopping. It was nice but not as big as I was hoping. Then we walked to the beach on the other side of the Sheraton. Very pretty beach. It turned out that our taxi driver, Audley, was one of the official drivers for Pirates of the Caribbean I & II and he had pictures of himself with Orlando Bloom and some of the other actors. That was a lot of fun to see. And then he told me that I was sitting in the same seat as Orlando – needless to say, I got a little giddy about that. ?

~Great Stirrup Cay: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this island. It was my 5th time at this island and I could spend a week here and be content.

~Nassau: I’ve been here 5 times too and I am over Nassau. The end.

WEATHER: We had great weather in all the ports. The first day at sea was a little chilly but with a light jacket, you could sit out on the pool deck to read. But the last 2 nights at sea were ROUGH. The captain graciously went further out to sea on Saturday morning so we could get out of the storm and have a sunny/warm day. But in order to get back to NYC, he had to turn back into it in late afternoon and pick up speed. Well, the seas were ROUGH. My 3 friends retired early to their cabins because they started to feel nauseous. I was doing ok until I went back to the cabin at about 10:45 and started to pack and I think with me bopping around the cabin trying the pack and the ship rocking, I started to feel yucky so I opted to go to bed and finish packing in the AM. The captain said we hit 17’-20’ waves.

ENTERTAINMENT: You really can’t beat the Jean Ann Ryan Company. Both of their shows, South Beach Rave and Bollywood, are excellent. Also on board was Romano Frediani – a fast action juggler – show was excellent but his ego could fill the entire theater! Also on board was the magic of Gleason – I didn’t see this show since I saw him on the Carnival Legend last year but from what I heard, he had an accident in his show. Not sure of the specifics but he was ok.

FOOD: We pretty much ate every where except Le Bistro. All the restaurants are great – loved Bamboo! And Cagneys!

STAFF: Never once did our stewards introduce themselves, which I thought was rude. But the dining room staff and bar staff was OUTSTANDING! The best I’ve ever experienced.

DISEMBARKATION: The easiest yet. We opted to do express debarkation and we were off the ship in 15-20 minutes.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!
NCL Dream - '08
Carnival Miracle - '07
NCL Dawn - '06
NCL Spirit - '06
Carnival Legend - '05
NCL Dawn - '04
NCL Dawn - '03
NCL Sea - '02
Cunard QE2 - '98
Sponsored Links