View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Conquest Shore Excursions

We just returned from the Conquest. In MoBay, my husband took the ATV tour and the kids and I went horse back riding (both booked through the ship). My husband enjoyed the ATV tour but it wasnt fast enough for him. He is used to riding 4 wheelers and likes to go fast. He did say the view and things he saw were neat. The horse back riding was fun, but once again a little too tame for me. I used to have horses and enjoy more than walking. Riding in the ocean with them was fun (probably 5 minutes of that). We also took a taxi to Dr Caves Beach for about 2 hours. The taxi (he actually had a small van) took us there fromt he cruise terminal ( make sure it is JUTA) and the we arranged with him to pick us up at a certain time and he was there. All the taxi drivers are congregating right outside the entrance to Dr, Caves beach and it is a little intimidating, so it was nice to say we have a ride arranged with "Sugar" and they all knew him and told him we were ready and he pulled his van up. I think it was 5$ pp.
We had planned maybe to go to Sunset Beach Resort, but since we only had the afternoon we decided we didnt need an all inclusive. I hear that Sunset Beach Resort is nice and our taxi driver pointed it out to us. You can see it from the cruise ships. It is $20 pp for adults and 10$ pp for kids and includes food, drinks, and use of non motorized water toys.
On dr. caves beach, you had the occasional person coming up to you to sell something, but they were not aggressive.