Thread: Travel Scams
View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Beginner

Default Just last night...

Over the summer I was on a Norwegian cruise with my sister-in-law who legitimately won a free 7 day Caribbean cruise to use within a year playing BINGO. She was so excited as she had never won anything before. So when she came home last week and said she had won another cruise, I thought she must be having some great luck lately. She had entered a drawing at the local nail salon. She had me read over the details (as I'm always skeptical about free offers and read all the fine print) that was sent to her AFTER she paid a non-refundable administration fee of $160. Here's what's NOT included in her FREE cruise:
Please note Cruise means a 6-7 hr boat ride from Ft Lauderdale to the Bahamas. Not even a room on the boat, and a 3 night stay at a hotel that didn't look so hot.
Anyway, not included:
airfare to Ft. Lauderdale
hotel stay in FL (the boat leves at 7:45 AM, probably not possible to get a flight to ensure you have enough time to board that morning.)
Transportation to the dock or from the dock in Bahamas to the hotel.
Another $275 in fees and taxes
Meals and entertainment while in the Bahamas
She's not going to go now, but has anyone had any luck getting the nonrefundable adm fees back?