View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Ship sails from Vancouver back to vancouver????

Not sure of your point of origination, but you could drive or Amtrak to Seattle, then Seattle-Alaska (inside passage)-Seattle or (Amtrak and Sky Train or charter bus) to One Canada Place and Vancouver-Alaska (inside passage)-Vancouver with HAL. May is a discount month, but the weather can be misty/rainy. If looking to round trip to the interior, then up by a HAL cruise ship and back by another cruise ship or ferry is possible - ships don't roundtrip the interior and people tend to disembark and train up to Denali or do land excurions. Rumour has it that Alaska is nearly as big as Texas so excursions tend to take more than a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillVas
Hello
I do not fly, and want to go to Alaska this May 2007. Is there a way to do this besides booking reservations on two different ships ??? I want to take Holland America. Anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks Bill
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas