View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default My singles Halloween cruise review! Here it is everyone!

Ok I see everyone has been looking for my original review that went into a black hole in cyberspace and vanished! So here is one just for us singles.

Pre cruise get together at the Queen Mary. The Queen Mary is a dusty old relic and is not well maintained. My allergies went ballistic on her probally from mold. However one can see she was once a beauty, and you can feel the history on board. We didnt have a big group of people and I wasn't in party mode really yet so I didn't dance but took some hysterical photos.

There was a group of drag queens (real drag queens) who were kind enough to pose for some photos with us. There were also some folks in Halloween costumes, one guy was a giant hotdog so we took pictures with him as well. There were tons of teenagers for this Ship Wreak party. Some singles brought tickets for that then decided not to go when they saw the age group was much younger. Too bad the ship didn't advertise this fact. Our group meet at one of the lounges however and were not mixed in with that crazy ship wreak party.

My favorite part of being on the Queen Mary was going up on deck and walking under her huge smoke stacks, one feels like they are on the deck of the Titanic, a little creepy but cool. I had many photos that had orbs or ghosts in them, one can feel this ship would be haunted, but unfortunatly my camera was later stolen on the Pride when I left it in the disco.

I felt embarkation went smooth and fairly quickly. I think for some reason they did a better job in California at Long beach port then in Florida at port Everglades, perhaps because Port Everglades has way more ships departing everyday.

The Pride is a beautiful ship! Sister ship to the Legend which I cruised on last May. I've heard reviews of people who thought she was dark or complained about nudity in the art. I say are you blind? The ship was bright and colorful, with art everywhere, and if you don't want your kids to know what a naked person looks like in a painting cruise Disney instead!

The Pride staff was friendly and service was good but I would have to say the Legend had better entertainment, shows, and their staff was a bit more funny and Zanny. Perhaps Im biased because I got to know some of them personally. Our cruise director Wee Jimmy was hysterical and always said "I love you" after his announcements with his Scottish accent. He sounds just like Michael Myers in character. They said he was leaving the Pride however and that was his last cruise. The staff of the Pride was getting switched however so anyone on her now will have many new people I didn't get to cruise with. Our room steward was wonderful, they are like Ninjas who magically appear when you are gone. Our cabin looked like a bomb hit it since two single attractive ladies have more important things to do then be organized so while we were off being social our cabin was cleaned and organized for us. We tipped our room steward extra cause he was fantastic!

My complaint would be that the adult only/Aft pool was not kept adult only. These ignorant people bring their kids to the Aft pool which is supposed to be quiet and child free. The staff needs to enforce this better.Kids were also in the hot tubs, most were well behaved but some were jumping and spashing so the staff did address that at the mid ship pool.

Food was very good, service was good also. Lots of choices in both the dining room and the buffet. I highly reccomend the Sushi bar on the ship, it's included and is located outside one of the lounges. If you catch it open make sure to get a roll! Yummy. Room service is free so I always order a continental breakfast. Usually cereal, fruit, and a pastry or yogart something to get my motor running, if Im still hungry I just head up to lido on my way to the pool and get something else to bring outside with me.

Singles activitys- We did 2 truths and a Lie which was a fun way to meet people. We did a Halloween trivia that was also good even though I think the men beat the women. I entered and won 2nd place in the door decorating contest for Halloween. And I also won at Movie trivia cause Im a movie buff There was a cabin crawl, I got to see what a suite looks like and wow I was impressed! Our Halloween party was so impressive! It was one of the best Halloweens ever! Even the seniors went all out with their costumes! The ship was so crowded and everywhere you looked was another great costume. That night is sort of a happy blur for me and went by way too fast. Singles Karioke was hysterical. And one night we had a singles 70's party.

To be honest I wasn't super social on this cruise.Im extremly picky about men and I wasnt' looking for a romance for personal reasons. If I were there were maybe 2 guys on the entire ship I would have considered. I like movie star good looks and I prefer young guys 20-30's.
One was part of our group was actually older in his 40's (think George Clooney) he was my dance partner and became a good friend, the other worked on the ship, so I really don't count him.

I found a smaller group within the group and stuck with them. We were sort of like the "In Crowd" in highschool and everyone wanted to be near us. Let's just say that our group was confident, fun, outgoing, and attractive.

There were some dorky guys who tried to infilterate our group (because we had some pretty ladies) but we stuck to those we liked. We tried to be polite, but some people have little to no social skills; and can not read body language and can't take a hint. My advice is "what's yours will come to you" if it does not it's wants to be free so give up buddy!" Im sure a couple people thought I was a snob, but I don't really care. It's my vacation, and Im not going to waste my time with people I have no interest in.

I do regreat not switching dinner tables (cause our group stuck together) but the reason I didn't was because there was always some person I was trying to avoid mixed in with others I might want to know. There were a lot of young gals I didn't get to hang out with too much on the ship, but now we are getting to know each other via e mail and I hope to perhaps cruise with them in the future and become closer friends. My social circle has once again gotten a little bigger and it was a great experiance.

The ports were fantastic. I had no idea Mexico would impress me that much. But not only are the ports beautiful they have really good choices in shore excurions also. I went snorkling with a sea lion in Puerto Vallarta at Las Calitas, and got a massage in a hut on a hill top overlooking the ocean! I took an all day tour around Mazatlan that included Concordia in the Serra Madres a 17th century village, as well as the Golden zone and Old Mazatlan. In Cabo I swam with the dolphins, and still had time to go to Sammy Hagars Cabo Wabo for lunch and then to the beach!

Over all this was one of my favorite cruises. I would do it again for sure or just fly directly to any of the 3 ports. Hope you enjoyed my review!
Sponsored Links