View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Default October 21 2007 on Millennium (Mediterranean cruise)

My wife and I have never been to Europe. We are concerned about understanding the language and have no idea what to do with the shore excursions in each port. On previous cruises we often booked excursions on our own or rented a car and explored on our own. My wife doesn"t seem to trust me in a foreign country even though we have never had a problem. She thinks we will get lost and miss the ship. We know in a day one can not see all the highlights of a city but would like to visit as many as posible. We need your help on the following ports: Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens(Piraeus), Ephesus(Kusadasi), Naples/Capri, Sicily(Palermo), Rome(Civitavecchia), Florence, Nice(Villefranche), and Barcelona. In Barcelona we are staying overnight at the Majestic Hotel, hopefully this is a decent hotel and safe area? Can we do any of these ports on our own? Which ones should we plan excorted tours? Would you suggest renting a car at any of the ports. My wife and I are avid walkers. We often go on 10 mile walks with our dog. Thanks for all your help. Have Blessed Holiday Season and healthy and happy 2007.

Steve and Cyndi
Sponsored Links