View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Carnival Liberty is not a ship everyone is going to love. That’s the reason there are so many different ships and different cruise lines. I think the last 5 years the various cruise lines are doing more to separate themselves from the other lines than they have in the past decade. For some time there everyone seemed to be trying to do the same things, copying each other, and playing to the same market. It now takes some research on your part to get educated and find the ships which most meet your needs or criteria because there are now as many differences between lines as there are similarities. And by the looks of things that trend is continuing to grow.

With regard to the Liberty…Some will find it much too large. Others will find the décor garish and loud. Others still may think the layout is bad (because of the Deck 5 and above trick I described in an earlier report). If you don’t know the trick you can find frustrating dead-ends, and oddly located walls. I’m sure some people would say it’s a loud, noisy ship, and other criticisms I haven’t even thought of.

The key to enjoying a cruise on the Liberty, or perhaps almost any Carnival ship, is to understand clearly what you’re buying before you book. The “Fun Ship? theme is one of the things that’s made Carnival the largest cruise line in the world, and that exact theme may be the exact thing which some people don’t enjoy. Know what you’re buying, prepare to loosen up a bit, and there’s absolutely no reason anyone in that mindset can’t have a wonderful time on the Liberty. You will however be disappointed if you get onboard expecting a quiet, completely relaxing getaway, with elegance and European style Michelin service in intimate surroundings.

There’s absolutely no reason someone who enjoys Holland America, Celebrity, or even Regent, or SilverSeas cruises can’t go and have an incredibly wonderful time on Carnival, or the Liberty specifically. Just adjust your own persona a bit to benefit from the Liberty’s strengths, and you can have a wonderful vacation. I just went from a Celebrity ship to a Carnival ship, and I very honestly can say I had wonderful cruises on each!

Having spent the last two weeks on CruiseMates Group Cruises on different ships, I can tell you honestly, that though both ships had some “issues? in certain areas that maybe should have been better, most everyone who was on either one of these group would probably tell you that the “group experience? they had made up for most of the glitches or issues they may have encountered.

We’ve presently got two upcoming CruiseMates Group Cruises. Want some real adventure and a great group of people to do it with? Join us on the Norwegian Jewel, exploring the Greek Islands together. ( light packing, no formal nights, and no dining assignments -- and 10 different restaurants to try.)
INFO : http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...se/Jewel07.cfm
Call Best Price Cruises NOW to climb onboard the adventure.

Too exotic for you? Bring the entire family and spend Thanksgiving ‘07 with CruiseMates on the new Carnival Freedom, at amazing rates!
INFO:
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../freedom07.cfm

And the details will be up VERY soon on the newest addition to the Group Cruise Program---- We’re going to do a 14 day Transatlantic Crossing on the Carnival Freedom, Miami to Rome and the rates, and shipboard credits and amenities will BLOW YOU AWAY. If you can’t wait to see the promo go up, call Nancy Bogert for the details!
Toll-free: 1-800-561-0802
Fax: 570-323-0702
Email: nancy@planningcruises.com

We're working on putting together several other new groups as well, and hope to have some info ready to release soon.

Read the Century and Liberty Virtual Cruise Reports and tell me you didn't wish you were there! Come onboard next time!