View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Golden Princess out of Seattle

gspin2k1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
So i'm looking to take this cruise June 30-July 7th, or maybe end of July. Just wanted to see if anyone else has cruised with the Golden Princess out of Seattle and how it was for them? The age demographic of my group is four people ages 20-27, and 2 people 50-53. Good? Bad? Iffy? Main concerns: intinerary (noticed Victoria stop is quite short at four hours), meal quality and variety, entertainment, how busy the spa/pool/gym/etc. is....thanks a bunch.
That's not a bad itinerary, but I would recommend a "Voyage of the Glaciers" cruise between Vancouver and Whittier (Alaska) with a couple nights in Anchorage instead. Most of Princess's "Voyage of the Glaciers" itineraries visit both Glacier Bay and College Fjord, and Anchorage is a really great city with unusual shops, excellent restaurants, street festivals and an open air market almost every weekend in the summer, and many points of interest. If you rent a car, you also can take day trips from there to see some of Alaska's magnificent interior.

Norm.