View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp
Sadly, disrespectful kids grow up to the disrespectful adults. It literally goes back to a total and complete lack of parenting. And unfortunately, it is getting worse as our society decays.

What most don't realize (or care) is that they are showing how little they respect themselves more than how little they respect other people. Individuals (adults) who act like this are insecure and shallow and "being loud" is the only way they know to make themselves feel "more important than they really are". Children on the other hand (generally) who act like this are the product of "breeders" and not parents.

I walk the hallways quietly and gently close my cabin door (when I come in at 2AM) because I respect MYSELF. Both of my boys, who have always cruised with us, were raised to do the same.

My oldest is now 18 and when he came to bed at 3AM last month on the Fantasy, I did not even know it. He has always known that these were the rules. We have always said "If you want to cruise, you follow the rules... or you will be left at home."

But then, this is the way my boys act at home also. They have never jumped on the beds or slammed doors or acted disrespectful. Because as they will both tell you "Momma don't bluff!"
Great post, & thank you for your couretesy with your door after midnight. The "Momma don't blufff" triggered a childhood vacation memory. Headed out the driveway for a 10 day vacation & my 2 sisters & I start annoying each other & get the line from Mom "one more tme & the next exit I see this car will be heading back home". Were not 2 hours into the 10 hour drive, Momma turned the car around, back home, unpacked, vacation started & over in 5 hours. That was the best attention getter I ever got as a kid, & there was never a car incident again.