Some answers, of course we were on the Lirica but the Opera should have prteey much the same.
1. they had a soda deal of pay for 10 get 14, don't really know about the alcohol as we really don't drink while cruising.
2.Not really sure as we didn't try to bring any wine on board.
3. No adapters needed, but there are not a lot of outlets.
4. On St Lucia and Tortola we just got a taxi outside the terminal for about $30 pp for a 4 to 5 hour tour. We saw sites that the MSC tours didn't and still had time for some shopping after. They have people at the terminal that set you up. In St Lucia you needed at least 4 people for that price. In Tortola is was an open air bus with about 20 people. Both had stops for photo ops/small shopping. In Barbados, we got a taxi to Malibu beach, entrance to the beach was $5pp and for $5 more got a tour of the distalliery with samples after. The $5 is good for the day and you can arrang ewith the taxi driver for him to come back for you at a certain time. You can arrange for a tour of the island at the terminal. Went on MSC tours at other ports.
5. No idea.
6. Not sure. But in St Lucia it was a nice tour to the volcano, you can get a taxi that will take you there and wait if you want to bath in the spring or the sulphur bath.
7.Shell fish is ususlly in the app's at dinner. Only one night did they have shrimp cocktail and lobester.
8. Midnight buffet is different every night, A couple of nights they are passed hor derves in the lounges and casino. One night it includes a tour of the galley.
I hope this helps.
Over all we enjoyed the cruise, it definitely was different from what we are used too.
Hope you enjoy your cruise with MSC>
Akumal Mexico Reviews
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013