View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Thanks but no thanks, I actually enjoy getting and giving my families undivided attention and truth is that since my d/h is on the road so much, we actually don't get to sit down and eat dinner together nearly enough and this has become a great time to reconnect as a family, and as a couple. As interesting as other folks may be at dinner, I am sharing my meal with the most important people in my world.

I have met several lovely and wonderful people at shows, just sitting around in the atrium and on excursions, some of which I still keep in touch with, but meal time belongs to our family now and I honestly enjoy it.

I think its great that sharing a meal with others adds so much to people's crusing experience, I would never be so arrogant to suggest that they are diluting their experience by choosing to dine with others, as we're all different, we're at different stages in our lives and wanting different things out of our cruise. When d/h and I aren't on the go so much and the kids are grown and on their own, we may seek that interaction. But for now we're living in the moment and trying to make the most of our time together.