Thread: *
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyana4
The third cruise with Princess was again booked on a guarantee. With so much time left between now and August, we are guaranteed to get a good room this far out. Although we haven't received a bump in category upgrades (inside to outside or balcony to suite) we do enjoy knowing that early booking discounts do exist and take advantage of them when we can. I look forward to getting the cabin assignment.

I really depends on inventory, timing and your preferences. I hope this helps.
???? on the "we are guaranteed to get a good room this far out".

IF you want a guarantee of a specific cabin or deck...you should just book it outright. There are NO guaranteed bumps in categories, upgrades etc.

My sister, her husband, my husband and I all won the upgrade lottery when we both booked regular cabin's with veranda's and BOTH got upgraded to beautiful junior suites right next door to each other, in the middle of the ship on the perfect deck! It was a fluke...we enjoyed it, but don't expect it to ever ever happen again.

In time, you may find like other experience cruisers have, that not all upgrades turn out to be the upgrade that dreams are made of!

Be happy with the cabin and price you paid at the time you book your cruise, because anything above that is cream.

But no matter what you your final cabin assignment...enjoy your cruise!