View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Passenger

Default Thank you - Celebrity 100% refund

Pacific Heights - Thank you so much for all your help. We are just not used to traveling this way - if there is anything else you can think of please let me know. My husband and I love to travel - have traveled all over the world, but this is only our 2nd cruise.

Last year we booked an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity. The ship was dry-docked and the cruise was cancelled just a few weeks before the scheduled sailing date in May. We only found out 10 days before we were to leave and only because I checked our reservation on-line...Celebrity hadn't contacted our travel agent either. Nonetheless, Celebrity was excellent !!! By the time we found out, or credit card had already been credited for the cruise. They refunded everyone's money that were booked on that sailing, they paid all penalties for air, car rental and hotel reservations and on top of it all...gave everyone a free cruise! We re-booked quickly and took the cruise last 4th of July. It was a wonderful trip also - got spoiled with the balcony cabin!!!. The sad part was for other people. We were told by the car rental company in Seward, some people never got notified of the cancellation and showed-up at the docks with no ship waiting! Just thought I share this story because I've read on this site that other cruiseline are not as accomodating.

Pacific Heights and others on the March 20. It would be great if we could all meet for a drink with our significant other.

Kind Regards!