View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Default RCI

We just got back from our cruise with RCI on Serenade of the Seas. We had a FANTASTIC time!! I did not want to leave the ship. It was beautiful and HUGE. Everyone was wonderful and treated us like royalty. The room was spacious (we had an inside cabin on deck 7). Much bigger than I thought they would be. The food was good, but not fantastic -although room service was quick and very good. We did not get a chance to dine in Chops or Portofino. We tried to get reservations, but they were both booked up within the first two days. There was so much to do on the ship, we were actually still discovering parts of the ship we hadn't found- on the last day! We did not have kids with us, but there were many with children. Funny, but I never really saw that many children, since they do have their own pool and their own activity center and arcade, oh, and a Disco just for teens. I wish we could have stayed at least another week, since we were in port every day on excursions and with only one day at sea, we really did not have time to enjoy everything that was offered on the ship. Next time we cruise, I think we will pick one that has at least two days at sea. I am 45 and my DH is 50, and we noticed ages from babies up to people that looked to be in there 80's +, so it was a varied group - over 2,800 people in all from 30 different countries! What fun, I was so pleasantly surprised and I can not wait to go on RCI again. The Cruise Directors made everything so enjoyable, they do a great job. I must admit I am hooked on RCI and I did hear a lot of bad things about Carnival while on the ship and talking to many people who had cruised with both lines. Time after time I heard how RCI was so much classier. Hope this helps. HAPPY CRUISING

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, wine in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming..... WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!