View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Mikey, you'll absolutely love the smaller ships, and particularly HAL's version of them. Nice, cozy, understated elegance is the way I prefer to look at them. On a longer voyage like you are contemplating, you'll get to know many of your fellow passengers, not to mention crew members.

The problem, as I see it, with lines like RCCL is that the ships are just too big. You lose a lot of the comradrie that you get when you sail the smaller ships. This forces you more and more to stick within your own traveling group.

I don't know about you, but when I go on cruises I like to meet some new friends ... not just rehash good times with old friends. On HAL's smaller ships I have yet to fail to do that. In fact, I actually keep in touch ... on a frequent basis ... with people I've cruised with on HAL. I doubt I'd have the opportunity to form those kind of relationships on a large ship.

You should really try to turn that "provisional" booking into a real one. I think you'll enjoy the HAL experience.

Blue skies ...

--rita