View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM
First Mate

PVP's make.. 150 calls a day as mine informed me when I asked. I make close to 80 a day as an executive recruiter. So I always say to give them a business day to return a call. They have so many clients that it is impossible that they will call you to tell you when your cruise price has dropped. That is what the benefit of these boards do. Someone is bound to let you know that there is a sale. You should get an email either from Carnival or your PVP when the prices drops. But it is up to us to let them know. My PVP always will check when I call and congratulates me on letting him know.

He is aware that I will pull my booking right before final payment. He always agrees that he cannot compete if a TA gives back part of their commission.
Now a TA with a large CRUISE only agency is more likely to part with a piece of their commission as it is a numbers game and they book tons of cruises.

I have three large agencies I have either used for a cruise or friends have used that I call. I tell them right out that I have a guaranteed booking with Carnival and that I am looking to transfer the booking for the best extra discount. I also tell them that I will book the Travel Insurance with them.
All these agencies have cheaper insurance than carnival and my PVP agrees. So they will get commission on this too.