View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by mrspair
My family and I will also be in Nassau, but we will be there from 8am until 10 pm so we have all day there. My question is how close is everything to the pier? The kids want to go to the beach, and we would like to see the sights as well. Can we walk to a lot of places? We will have time to do the beach and shop a little or a LOT!!

I have never gone to the beach there so I cant help with htat, however other things are very close and easy to get to from the port.
The farthest would be Atlantis resort, it is a 10 minute taxi ride for $4 per person one way. aquarium takes little over an hour to see.

Pirate museum is an easy 10 minute walk from the ship. It is a large purple building, 2 blocks behind the straw market.

You can see the Straw Market from the ship, about a 5 minute walk, right on the waterfront.
Most stores are along the road that runs behind the straw market. A few are on the same road as it.

Horse and carriage ride is right at the port. You must walk through a security building at the end of the pier and when you go out the other side just follow the sidewalk around to the right, the horse ride will be on your left at the first road. If you turn right there you will walk about 4 or 5 blocks to the straw market, A large white tent building across the street from the water. You cant miss it.

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!