View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Passenger

Default Ship's time - info needed for excursions

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has probably been answered somewhere at sometime but... my search criteria for "ship's time" and "ship time" came up empty.

Soon I shall be sailing the warm, inviting waters of the Caribbean (a welcome respite from the cold Russian winter - don't ask ) and for the first time I am planning on doing some excursions on my own. However, each of the local excursion operators ask what time the ship arrives at port, and the only info I can see on Carnival's website is arrival and departure time according to "ship time". To be honest, I don't remember if this changes or stays the same for the duration of the cruise (always booked cruiseline excursions before), so it's difficult for me to answer them accurately. Complicating the matter are whether or not various locations follow daylight savings time or not, but I can easily find this info on the internet. FYI, I'll be sailing in the Western Caribbean on the Valor, stopping at Grand Cayman, Roatan Island, Belize, and Costa Maya.

So my main question is: does Carnival adjust ship time to local time, or does it stay fixed at EDT (Miami) time?

I appreciate any help you can give me on this, I certainly wouldn't want my (new) wife to miss any excursions on her first cruise... cause I'll never hear the end of it!

ms Volendam 8/1980
Carnival Ecstasy 7/1998
RCL Grandeur of the Seas 9/1999
Carnival Imagination 6/2003
Carnival Valor 4/2007
Sponsored Links