View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Eastbound or Westbound Panama Canal Cruise?

bluepanda,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I've seen discussions on whether to take the full transit or partial transit, and it seems more people prefer the full transit.

But is westbound or eastbound better? Or is there no difference?
Yes, there are differences between eastbound and westbound because you see things from different perspectives, but neither direction is "better than" the other. It's worth doing cruises in both directions at some point in your cruising career.

Right now, Celebrity seems to have about the best "Panama Canal" itineraries that I have seen, with fourteen night cruises that operate one way between Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to either Los Angeles or San Diego. These cruises have ports of call every two or three days, so you get a reasonable number of days at sea, but not consecutively, over the course of the cruise. I have not looked, but Royal Caribbean probably has a similar itinerary. Princess did a similar itinerary for a while, but seem to have reverted to Acapulco as a Pacific terminus this year to cut the itinerary to ten nights. I'm not sure what the other major lines are offering.

Norm.