View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Captain

Default Re: British Hostages

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
You know, I remembered today, when the current president (and I use that term loosely here) was "elected" to serve in Iran, many Americans swore that he was one of the kidnappers of the group taken under Mr. Carter's watch. Governments, including our own, bent over backwards to try to prove that he wasn't there afterall. NOW!!!! These fine and brave sailors and marines are bing held hostage by Iran and who is the president??? Yes, go to the head of the class my friend. The same one who was alleged to have been on the other hostage taking. Our Allies and our leadership have got to open their eyes to what is going on in that region and take charge.

Arf, arf.
No knowledgeable person believes Ahmadinejad was one of the kidnappers in the 70s. That's a myth propagated by the right-wing blogosphere conspiracy nuts.

There's really not a whole lot our leadership can do to "take charge" in the region. We are bogged down in the Iraq Civil War right now, you know -- well on its way to becoming the longest war in American history!

I wonder how history will record Mr. Bush's and Mr. Blair's watch?

Cheers, Aidan