View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
it's a 5 dayer out of miami. the TA said they just finished a 45 mil restoration on it and it looks great. Now I just need to get some pics of it from DTW. It is costing me a few hundred more than the fascination did but since all the others in our party are flying in, and booked IC's, I figured I would get the balcony so we have a place to party since I don't have that added cost of the flight. Plus I saved some money by putting one of my kids in my SIL room where they only had 3 otherwise I would have had to get 2 rooms or bump up to the family suite. So I saved $600.
I did the majesty prior to the renovation - now I recall that the renovation was fairly recently early Feb of this year; I saw her at the port at the end of Feb:

since I have been on both; here is my comparision
she felt like a smaller ship than the Fascination, but not by much; the rooms were smaller, but the ship's decor (back then) was much nicer so after the renovation I am sure it will be more pleasant - -the pool area was a little smaller - but I did enjoy it because you could sit on the upper level for the "peace" and be down in the pool in seconds without walking too far. The dining room decor was way nicer - the fascination had too many lights and stuff going on; too busy. As I sailed it for a very short cruise 3 day, wasn't on the boat much.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat